* gabriele renzi <surrender_it / remove-yahoo.it> [2005-06-10 09:35:28 +0900]:

> I agree, It would be nice if ruby was faster. Luckily,
> people are working on this.

Don't go away thinking that X is faster than Ruby. Do
your own tests. We tested Perl against Ruby in a real
world problem (netlist parsing) and Ruby was faster
than Perl by 30%. When we did a C implementation
(which could now be done automatically with optimize)
it was 100% faster (ie, took half the time.)

These statements that X language is faster than
Ruby is like saying that Einstein is smarter than
Mozart.  In what?

--
Jim Freeze
Theory and practice are the same, in theory. -- Ryan Davis