Java is an order of magnitude faster than Ruby. The development of a
web app using Rails is an order of magnitude faster than the
development of a similar web app using Struts/Hibernate frameworks.
There are other factors that can slow down your development time
besides the speed of your language of choice.

Cheers,
Kent
Just another guy with huge mental problems.