"</script> ha scritto:
> I took a look at
> http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/benchmark.php?test=all&lang=ruby&lang2=python&sort=fullcpu
> and found the tests on ruby disapointing :(.
> So what I'm asking for is a link to some ruby-specific optimisation tips.

a simple thing: do the most normal thing instead of writing code in ruby
that is innatural, i.e. instead of rewritine an heapsort by hand, use
the builtin sort/sort!/sort_by routines. Instead of writing a random
function by hand, use the builtin rand().

If you really feel ruby (or python) is slow you can act later optimizing
it, not doing it before you ever need to be faster. "premature
optimization is the root of all evil", people say.