Hi,

In message "[ruby-talk:14487] Help: Problems with Tk"
    on 01/05/01, Jim Freeze <jim / freeze.org> writes:

|I am trying to get Ruby and Tk working (as in Ch15 of
|the pickaxe book). The Tk extensionis supposed to be bundled
|in the main distribution, but I get the error below
|about the missing libtk.so file when trying to run
|the Hello World program.

Your programs failed to load libtk.so, which probably should reside in
/usr/lib or /usr/local/lib.  Possible causes of the problem are:

  * you haven't installed Tcl/Tk.
  * you haven't set ld.so.conf properly.
  * you haven't run ldconfig after installing Tcl/Tk.
  * name of your Tk library was not libtk.so but libtk8.3.so or such.
    In this case, you should recompile tcltk.so with proper library
    name set.

							matz.