Hi,

In message "[ruby-talk:14330] The Ruby Programming Language Book by Matz"
    on 01/04/27, John Robson <as646 / FreeNet.Carleton.CA> writes:

|I went to Amazon.com to look for Ruby books.  I notice that you have
|written "The Ruby Programming Language" book with another "matz" due to be
|released for sale in September of this year according to Amazon.

Don't trust the date.  I haven't finished materials yet.  Plus,
names of authors are wrong.  The book was written by me and Keiju
Ishitsuka, not by yet another "Matz", whose name happen to be my
father's name. ;-)

|Could you give us a preview of what's in your book ?  Is it more of a
|reference type or a complete discussion of the main and advanced features
|of Ruby (the internals) or both in the same style as Larry Wall's
|"Programming Perl".

It's "Programming Perl" style book but less reference.
Here's the index of the book:

 1. What's Ruby
 2. Introcuction to Ruby
 3. Ruby Programming
 4. Object-oriented Programming in Ruby
 5. Object-oriented Design in Ruby
 6. Advanced Object-oriented Programming
 7. Advanved Ruby Programming
 8. Inside Ruby
 9. Extending Ruby
10. Leftovers
 A. Mini Reference
 B. Program Lists
 C. Ruby Glossaries

Chapter 7 and Appendex A might be removed (or reduced) from the final
English version.

							matz.