On 07/06/05, Bruce D'Arcus <bdarcus.lists / gmail.com> wrote:

> Brian Schröäer wrote:
>
> > I have not followed this thread in depth, but I think it is a good
> > idea to distinguish between a set of articles and an article. I don't
> > see how you would benefit from mixing these two. If I understand the
> > proposal correctly, you would no longer be able to maintain two
> > independent sets of articles, because the ArticleSet would be part of
> > the article class.
>
> And actually, I guess the bigger question is how you would deal with
> this then?  Are you saying I was on the right track originally with my
> Articles class?  Or would there be some other approach?
>
> Bruce

Yes, I'd say you were on the right track. Even if you by now only use
one set of articles (You called this class Articles) I'd say it is
cleaner to have an explicit class and its more extensible than having
the Article class contain all its instances.

regards,

Brian

--
http://ruby.brian-schroeder.de/