Hello

A newbie question. In my application there is a listbox. The entries of
this listbox should be changeable.
I would like to see a popup dialog box with an entry field and two
buttons (OK/Cancel). So far I defined
a ValueDialog class that in his initialize method creates and packs all
the neccessary widgets in a toplevel,
makes a TkVariable, defines bindings that change this var and calls
var.wait. So far so good.

 From another part of the application I than call d =
ValueDialog.new(parent, init_label,init_entry)
What I miss is a way to get the changed entry back. d is a ValueDialog.
Something like d.get_value
is not useful because the widgets are destroyed after var.wait. Whats
the right style?
Initialize is the false place to do this? I couldnt find much sample
code. Only tkcombobox.rb includes
something similiar, but I am not been able to understand that fully, yet

Thanks
Enno