Hello Andrew,

AT> As far as functionality goes Hugh mentioned call graphing, I guess that
AT> means showing that function X calls function Y which calls function Z?

Don't forget Class Hierarchy Graphs.

>>Yes but the main problem is the bad implementation of RDOC which
>>is not able to merge different "rdoc" runs into one "documentation
>>repository". So if somebody want to spend time i think it's much
>>better to do write a program that is using a good documentation
>>database which allows addition and removal of documentation subtrees.

AT> I'm not really sure what lothar means here, is he proposing that rdoc
AT> should be able to resolve conflicts between different versions of ruby
AT> its run against?

I would like to see exactly one location where information about all
libs and internal structures are stored. At the moment it is
fragmented. You have some docs about "activerecord" here and some of the
"actionmailer" there but no overall structure.

I think we should also go away from the idea to generate HTML files.
Instead we should run a rdoc server and generate documentation on
demand as this allows much better interaction and things like search
functionality. Choosing HTML was just a lazy on in my opinion an old
fashioned idea.