Eric Mahurin wrote:

> --- Michael Schuerig <michael / schuerig.de> wrote:
>> I'm looking for a clean way to reflectively set the value of
>> a class
>> variable. Currently I'm using something along the lines of
[snip]
>> class_eval <<END
>>   def self.var=(value)
>>     @@var = value
>>   end
>> END
>> private_class_method :var=
>> self.var = value
>>
>> Is this the way to go?

> Instead of using a class variable, you could use an instance
> variable of the class:
>
> class XYZ
>     def self.var=(value)
>         @var = value
>     end
>     def self.var
>         @var
>     end
> end

That's what I would probably do in the general case. As I'm using Rails
in this specific case, I've settled on a variant of my example above.

cattr_accessor :var
private_class_method :var=
self.var = value

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig                            You can twist perceptions
mailto:michael / schuerig.de                        Reality won't budge