Its interesting that people consider the number of
lines of code you can write in a language more
important than the features (and libraries) of the
language.

When I was introduced to Ruby, I never said "I wonder
if I can write a 20,000 line program." I though, "Can
I write an Object Pool" in this language.  That night
at a very odd hour of the morning I said I can and
then next morning (being a Friday) I showed people my
Ruby object pool and started talking about Ruby.

(Thanxs Dave and Andy, I got a copy of your book at
the Colorado Software Summit and was so happy to
finally get it after talking about Ruby all week I
read it front to cover and wrote the object pool that
night.)

B.

--- "-11,3-3562,3-3076" <ellard2 / is01.fas.harvard.edu>