In the last few years I have written several
sophisticated Java applications for brokerage and
insurance organizations and very few of then actually
reach 10,000 or 20,000 lines of code.

An Enterprise Time and Billing system I am writing in
Ruby with LDAP interactions and database connectivity
is going pretty well, but I doubt I will reach 10,000
lines of Ruby code.

These systems as Enterprise level production quality
products that do a lot -- good programming practices
just keep it under 10,000 lines of code.

Saying that, I am currently writing an application
that is of production quality in Ruby that is more
than a hack.

Bryan

--- "-11,3-3562,3-3076" <ellard2 / is01.fas.harvard.edu>