Daniel Berger wrote:

> I'm having a bit of trouble building a proper gem for one of the
> Win32Utils packages (win32-ipc).  This is a C extension.  Everything
> appears to be fine, except that it installs the shared library (.so)
> under "lib", instead of "lib/win32".  I've set the Gem#required_paths,
> so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

> gem.require_paths << "lib/win32"

Hello,

i found that rubygems copies the libraries in the first require_path,
regardless which path stands in the mkmf create_makefile command. Thats
because installer.rb of rubygems overrides the RUBYARCHDIR and RUBYLIBDIR
variables of the resulting Makefile not considering the target_prefix.
I think its meant to require all files with the autorequire, so the actual
location of the library doesn't matter.
Try gem.require_paths = ['lib/win32','.'] or something to make sure your
desired path is in front or nevermind at all.
I mentioned the use of target_prefix in the Makefile on
Rubygems-developers-mailinglist, but nobody seems to notice.
Stefan