--- Yukihiro Matsumoto <matz / ruby-lang.org> wrote:
> In message "Re: unbinding a Proc?"
>     on Sun, 5 Jun 2005 23:14:58 +0900, ES
> <ruby-ml / magical-cat.org> writes:
>
> |Proc#rebind would be very useful but I am still waiting for
> |a full-blown first-order method conversion, too.
>
> Can you explain what you want?  I am not sure how Proc#rebind
> would
> work, nor "a full-blown first-order method conversion".
>
> 							matz.

If ES is thinking like me it would be called like this:

Proc#rebind(anotherBinding)

It would rebind all variable references and method calls into
the original binding to anotherBinding.

I think this would be more useful though:

Proc#unbind

It would replace all variable references and method calls into
the original binding with the current objects they return.
This would be great for changing most *eval(aString) to
*eval(aProc.unbind).  I assume *eval(aProc) is much better than
*eval(aString) especially from a ruby optimization standpoint
(and ruby2c).

Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/