Detlev Offenbach wrote:

> Hi,
>
> this is to let all of you know about the release of eric3 3.7.0. Next to
> a bunch of bugfixes, it adds these features.
>
> - support for Ruby projects (debugger, syntax highlighting)
> - support for the generation of KDE UIs
> - introduction of watchpoints
> - added class browsers for Ruby and CORBA IDL files
> - added bookmark capability to the file browser
> - added context menus for directories to the various browsers
> - added tasks and a task viewer
>
> and a bunch of little improvements.
Very nice! I think this is a pretty good advertisment for the pyqt bindings.
I would be very impressed if someone wrote something similar in qtruby - I
did recently add an option to build qtruby with the QScintilla text editor
classes. It's got several features which KDevelop doesn't have - so it's
great to have more choices.

I had a couple of problems..

Ruby syntax highlighting doesn't work for me. I'm using a recent snapshot of
QScintilla 1.62, with the version of pyqt in the KDE svn trunk. Ruby
doesn't appear in the Preferences/Highlighter Association tab as a 'Lexer
Language'.

I got this error from the debugger:

/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/eric3/DebugClients/Ruby/DebugClientBaseModule.rb:169:in
`unhandled_exception': private method `sub' called for nil:NilClass
(NoMethodError)

from /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/eric3/DebugClients/Ruby/DebugClientBaseModule.rb:292:in
`handleLine'

When debugging a Korundum program. It would also be nice to have an option
to specify any ruby source files which the debugger should ignore. For
instance, in the qtruby bindings 'qtruby.rb' and 'korundum.rb' have a lot
of internal code which is confusing to step through. In KDevelop, I
cheated, and hard coded those names in the debugger.

In the class browser, the superclass is shown as 'Qt' in brackets, when it
should be something like FooBar(Qt::Dialog) instead, not FooBar(Qt).

-- Richard