Hi-lo--

I am torn beneath the two main mascot proposals; the kinglet is certainly
more appropriate for contexts such as the book cover, the conference
banner, etc. But I think having the anime character is a great for Ruby as
well, and that should be kept as an alternative representation (i.e. not
the "official" mascot, but a common theme in images of Ruby and
Ruby-related software). After all, Ruby is probably the first language
originating from Japan (or possibly even non-European or
non-English-speaking countries), and it would be nice to preserve that
distinction in its imagery. And just think how many cool variations of
ruby-chan would surface...

tm