Ben Giddings wrote:
> On Friday 03 June 2005 16:33, Joe Van Dyk wrote:
>
>>1)  Why one additional language isn't a bad thing
>

> "We don't need a Philips screwdriver, we already have a flathead".

Not to be difficult, but this sort amounts to arguing that the
difference between [Perl|Python] and Ruby is the difference between a
flathead and a Phillips screwdriver.  I think that case could be made
against Perl, but not so much with Python.

> ...>
> You might also want to mention Rails, and some of the e-commerce sites (and
> other stuff) it powers.  Perl, Python and PHP could all do something
> similar... but as yet haven't.

Amazon, del.icio.us, slashdot, craigslist:  aren't these all P* sites?

Is it that they don't offer their own Rails-like framework?  That
apparently hasn't stopped people from building robust, high-volume
sites, so as a business owner I'd be skeptical.

James