David A. Black wrote:

> I encourage students interested in the program to look thoroughly at
> the list of mentoring organizations, and see whether there's one which
> might be able to accomodate you even though there isn't a
> Ruby-oriented one.  It's the long route, so to speak, but if we can
> get some Ruby projects supported, somewhere, it will be all to the
> good.  Meanwhile, if the program is repeated next year, we should be a
> little more in the loop and listed among the mentoring organizations
> from the start.

Thanks a lot for all the effort you put into this. It is very welcome
even if it did not work out this year. I think that not all is lost just
yet and might be doing a Ruby-related project under the hat of another
mentoring organization if it is possible.

It is certainly good to know that the situation might be better on
further Summer of Code events.