Marc Butler <marc.butler / voyanttech.com> writes:

> I don't understand the difficulties of splitting the newsgroup to reflect
> two mailing lists.  However, if this is problematic then it is a
> consideration.

If comp.* functions as with other structures which I am familiar with,
you would need to win a vote of participants by some margin.  From
this discussion so far, it looks like this would not happen, although
I am aware that many people are (probably quite rightly) silent on the
issue so far.

> I was addressing technical assertions as work arounds which nullify my
> point.  I was simply countering that these assertions are not sufficient
> to  address my concerns.

If your concern is anything other than personal convenience of
yourself and a minority like you, please state it.  A number of valid
ways of achieving what you desire without upheaval for all on the list
and group have been given, so why should a split still proceed?

> Like Kent, you are attempting to argue by
> attacking me rather than my concerns.  (At least in this post.)

I have not attacked you and I find the assertion offensive.

[snip!]

--
MJR