Francis Hwang wrote:
> On May 30, 2005, at 9:02 PM, Glenn Parker wrote:
>> Francis Hwang wrote:
>>
>>> It feels like, from perusing the archives, there is currently no way
>>> to be notified when a class definition is finished. Correct?
>>
>> Not that I could find, and I've mentioned this as an annoying
>> limitation of Ruby myself.
>
> Should I submit an RCR? Haven't done one before. Would it be called?
> Class#inherited_finished ?

I would say it's worth an RCR, but a class definition is never really
finished, so a different name is needed.  Maybe Module#end_update would
make more sense.  This would be a callback that is invoked when the
interpreter gets to the final "end" of a Module/Class block.  Extra
points if it passed a list of constants that were added, removed, or
redefined.

Can you accomplish your original goal with Module#method_added?  If
Lafcadio::DomainObject#text defines new methods, that seems like a
sufficiently solid hook.

--
Glenn Parker | glenn.parker-AT-comcast.net | <http://www.tetrafoil.com/>