On May 31, 2005, at 4:53 PM, Tanner Burson wrote:

> On 5/31/05, James Edward Gray II <james / grayproductions.net> wrote:
>
>> On May 31, 2005, at 6:15 PM, Dr Balwinder S Dheeman wrote:
>>

>>> Hey, I have worked hard to make these stats available, not only for
>>> you but the whole ruby community. FYI, these are being computed by
>>> a *Ruby* script.
> I agree.  While these stats may be interesting to a few, they really
> don't belong in the general list.  They serve no purpose for the
> majority of posters, and don't further any discussion other than to
> their own existance.  Since you seem to be against "dictatorships" I
> VOTE that they be moved to a website.  And in the spirit of
> cooperation if you are un-able to find your own hosting, I will be
> more than willing to provide some space.

Well, I'll admit that they are interesting to me.

I will also say this: BSD's post is JUST as relevant (and, IMO,
important) to the list as say, Ruby Weekly News posts. Both are data
about the list itself, one being an index and the other being an
aggregate. I like both. I wish both to stay. I wish both to stay on
the mailing list as that is what they pertain to. If anything, the
stats should ALSO go to a website. I'd also provide space to host
them if needed.

--
ryand-ruby / zenspider.com - Seattle.rb - http://www.zenspider.com/
seattle.rb