On 5/31/05, David A. Black <dblack / wobblini.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 30 May 2005, Balwinder Singh Dheeman wrote:
>
> > DISCLAIMER
> > Please, take these stats with a grain of salt, quantity might not always
> > denote any quality; on Usenet a poster is better known by the content he
> > and, or she posts.
>
> If you absolutely must post these stats to the list, and if you
> absolutely must stick in some kind of so-called "disclaimer", why not
> say something positive?  How about:
>
>    If you browse the archives, remember that even people who
>    are not among the top posters also often have very important and
>    interesting things to say, even though they are not listed
>    here by name.

I hate add email to what looks like a useless thread, but I have to agree
with David (and all the others who have voiced a similar opinion).

This kind of posting doesn't add to much to the mailing list (if you must
post it, maybe you could coordinate with Tim Sutherland's weekly news).

Worse, the disclaimer is alienating some of the long time, high value
members of the community -- If you must keep posting this, please either
drop the disclaimer or soften it.

--
thanks,
-pate