"Wolfgang" <wollez / gmx.net> wrote:
> Hello Brian,
>
> up to now I only have this in ruby:
>
> require 'Win32API'
> win = Win32API.new("dlltest.dll","DLL_WOOD",[],'L')
> somevalues = win.call()
> print somevalues
>
> the self made dll should return at the moment a fixed value (for testing).
> I tried this with an integer, than it works. As soon I define the variable
> in fortran as real, I get this nice numbers.
>
> Wolfgang

Hi!

The last parameter to Win32API.new is the type of the return value. If your
DLL function returns a long integer, 'L' is correct. If you change the DLL
so that the function returns a float or a double, you will have to change
that last parameter to 'F' or 'D':

# function returns a double
win = Win32API.new("dlltest.dll","DLL_WOOD",[],'D')

Cheers,
Dave