Hello ES,

E> Le 29/5/2005, "Lothar Scholz" <mailinglists / scriptolutions.com> a ?crit:
>>Hello Vincent,
>>
>>VF> I have rapidly skimmed over the few responses here.  Auto completion is
>>VF> definitly possible in dynamic languages: Common Lisp has it with its
>>VF> Emacs mode, SLIME.
>>
>>VF> If you're in a slime buffer, you type (get-un then press C-c Tab and
>>VF> Emacs will auto-complete with (get-universal-time), if there are many
>>VF> choices, they will be displayed in a split window, if the function
>>VF> takes parameters, those will appear in the mini-buffer, like so:
>>
>>When using procedural code it is easy and not comparable with autocompletition for Ruby.

E> Er, Lisp is a procedural language?

At least Lisp is not a functional language. Lisp is Lisp.

With all the possible side effects etc. it has much more in common
with procedural languages then with true functional languages. And as
gabriele renzi already pointed out the point was that you simply want
prefix auto completition. I don't know of any autocomplete that works
with CLOS in a way like Java/C++.