"Robert Mannl" <ro / cayoparaiso.com> wondered:

>>Good luck to Subway and all the other copycat projects.
>>
> I'm new to all of this -- is there a mutual hostility between the Python
> and the Ruby community?

Yes, there is :) Its heart, I think, is the difference of philosophy I
mentioned earlier - Ruby's TIMTOWTDI (stolen from Perl) and Python's There
Can Only Be One (Way To Do It). Add to that people who are just attached to
what they know, and people who have tried both and passionately prefer one
over the other...

I really didn't mean "copycat" in a negative way, though. Please imagine a
more neutral adjective if it looks that way :)

Cheers,
Dave