--0-1973032334-11171097792407

Dear Ruby Members,

 I am having problems setting and reading enviroment variables from a windows batch file.

This is what I am doing, I have some batch file xyz.bat where I am setting some enviroment
variable

SET ENV_VAR1  something"
SET ENV_VAR2  foo"

I wish to run the batch file from ruby script , wherein which I can use these environment variables within the ruby file itself. I use the following command to run the batch file

system("xyz.bat")

But even after doing this , the environment variables ENV_VAR1 and ENV_VAR2 don't get set.
I even tried using
      exec("xyz.bat")
      system("cmd /k xyz.bat")

I would really appreciate it if anybody could tell me what I am doing wrong here.

Regards,
   Afaque

Yahoo! Mail Mobile
--0-1973032334-11171097792407--