ES wrote:
> This has perhaps been aired here already, if so, apologies.
>
> Someone did not like Ruby; I find it refreshing to read
> these takes as well since the actually bring up some
> (fairly) valid points, this one moreso than usual.
>
> http://www.ericw.org/rants/showrant.psp?rant=ruby

First, an OT question: Is there a Firefox extension that lets me
*quickly* disable/enable page colors?  I know I can do this via the Web
dev tool bar stuff, but it's too many clicks, and sites with white text
on a dark background (hip as that may be) are so painful to look at I
get retina burn before I can finish all that clicking.

About the log entry.  I have a rule of thumb.  If someone is using the
words "shit"  or "fuck" three or four times on page, they quickly lose
all credibility.   (Certain words should be treated like global
variables: saved for special cases and for specific effect.)

I like reading critiques (or criticism, even) of Ruby, but most of what
was mentioned there were straw man arguments.  Certainly POLS is a known
subjective aspect and an easy target.  I expect everyone reading
ruby-talk could  assemble a list of cases where Ruby violates their own
sense of POLS.

James Britt