James Edward Gray II <james / grayproductions.net> writes:

> On May 24, 2005, at 4:08 AM, Lloyd Zusman wrote:
>
>> So now it looks like there are two problems:
>>
>> 1. rubygems installs don't always work for me
>>
>> 2. termios doesn't appear to compile properly on my system, although
>>    it seems to install
>
> These are indeed strange issues.  I wish I could provide some
> intelligent insights into what's going on here, but we're out of my
> knowledge base now.
>
> At lest it seems that you know have a working unstall.  That's some
> good news.

Yes.  All's well that ends well, and I won't belabor the point any
further.

I now think that I understand the termios issue, which is a change in
the OpenFile struct in "rubyio.h" which probably occured in 1.9
(changing the name of te 'f' element to to 'stdio_file').  As for the
gem thing, I'll just keep investigating it on my own time, and if I come
up with any insights, I'll post them here.

--
 Lloyd Zusman
 ljz / asfast.com