On 5/24/05, gabriele renzi <surrender_it / remove-yahoo.it> wrote:
> I think it is a nice article.
> OTOH I'd have loved to see some information on how to test this for
> network problems, since a friend of mine just had this kind of problems:
> how to be sure that my code won't bomb down if the dns goes mad or the
> network interface breaks or whatever? But probably this is out of the
> scope of the article.

Yeah, out of scope for this one, but it sounds like an interesting problem
to write about.  I think mock objects are the right answer.

> Also, why are you putting the mock data in the DATA pseudofile instead
> of a real external file ?

For a small amount of data, using the DATA pseudofile was easier
(keeping everything together), but as r43 has grown, I'm getting ready to
split it out into a separate file.

--
thanks,
-pate