Brian Schröder wrote:

> On 24/05/05, Nikolai Weibull
> <mailing-lists.ruby-talk / rawuncut.elitemail.org> wrote:

> > > I like this kind of code.
> >
> > > a = case b
> > >    when 1: 10
> > >    when 2: 20
> > >    else 50
> > >    end
> >
> > > makes it clear that something is assigned to a.
> >
> > Sure, but tell me a reasonable way to indent it and provide me with the
> > code to do it and I'll add it immediately.  Adding something like this
> > will require changes that will ripple through the whole indentation
> > code.  People seem to think that indentation is a simple matter.
> > Perhaps they should give it a try sometime.  Coming up with a reasonable
> > Ruby indentation definition took me two weeks of hard work and heavy
> > thinking.  Neither Ruby nor Vim is very friendly to do this kind of
> > stuff for.  Another deterrent thing is that people complain when it
> > doesn't work but keep very quiet when it does,

> Sorry Nikolai, I really appreciate your work. It was just that you
> proposed changing the code, and I wanted to say that I like this
> idiom.

Thanks.  I agree that this kind of thing should work properly.  Rubys
rather flexible syntax is, however, a very serious issue when trying to
write a simple enough indentation engine for it.

Ill add this to the list of things that need to be done, but as I have
very little time to spare at the moment, it may take some time before
itll be added,
        nikolai