Michael Ulm wrote:
> Indeed, strictly speaking, a mathematical function can only have one
> input value. Mathematically, the notation f(x, y) is just a shorthand
> for f([x, y]).

Thank you. It's a relief to have that cleared up.

> If Kernigan and Richie had paid more attention at
> math class we would have declarations like
>
> (float, float) transform (float, float)
>
> in C, and the world would be a better place for it :-)

Dennis Ritchie has a degree in Applied Mathematics from Harvard. Brian
Kernighan was not one of the developers of C, although he co-authored a
famous book with Ritchie. And C functions have been able to return
aggregates for a long time, maybe since the beginning. They're called
structs and unions.

Steve