greyfade / gmail.com wrote:

> it works without any linefeeds.  newlines are sufficient in all my test
> cases, irregarldess of my choice of language.  all platforms are
> unix-based, and i've not touched Windows in quite some time, so i'm
> unsure of its behavior or requirements.
>
> if it's out of spec, it doesn't seem to matter.

I think that's dependent on the web server, or is it the browser?
Too late for my poor brain.

Some are "looser" than others, but Ara is quite right in saying
that it is supposed to be a CRLF combination.

It really is better to code to the spec -- better to work 100%
of the time than 98%.

Cheers,
Hal