Quoting gfb / tonesoft.com, on Tue, May 24, 2005 at 03:17:01AM +0900:
> Hi, rubyists
>
> I use SWIG to wrap C++ classes into Ruby. Is there any way to use RDoc
> comments in the original C++ classes to generate documentation for ruby
> API? From what I can see, RDoc looks for rb_define_class() and
> rb_define_method() to extract classes and methods to be documented,
> however those are generated by SWIG in the build phase.

I would be surprised if this works, but you might get lucky.

If you don't get lucky, a DDJ article of a few months back described a
way of using doxygen with visual basic, that might apply to documenting
c++ with rdoc. Basically, run a script converting the C++ to something
that looks like ruby. It doesn't have to be ruby, you can remove all the
code inside methods, for example, but enough like ruby that rdoc will
process the file and generate API docs.

Sam