Le 23/5/2005, "greyfade / gmail.com" <greyfade / gmail.com> a ?crit:

>Ara.T.Howard wrote:
><snip a bunch of pointless drivel>
>
>you missed everything i actually said in my post.
>
>would it have helped if i had not said "magically worked" but instead
>some more boring phrase like "worked as expected"?  or would
>"mystically worked" have thrown you off as well?
>
>(if this message sounds condescending, it is.  i was seriously offended
>by the verbosity and tone of your post.  apologies if you are
>offended.)

Yours is quite a poor attitude to take toward people who
are attempting to assist you on their own time, for free,
particularly in light of A) your example not being exactly
valid HTTP and B) that it appears the problem was somewhere
else altogether.

Hopefully your issue is solved, now. If it is not, feel free
to askfor further advice but please try to do so with civility
and respect.

>> On Sun, 22 May 2005, greyfade / gmail.com wrote:
>>
>> > i'm going insane because nothing, AFAICT, is wrong.  the server is
>correctly
>> > set-up, permissions are correct, ownership is correct, ruby is
>installed and
>> > working, yet NOTHING seems to coax it into working.  it repeatedly
>reports
>> > this incredibly uninformative "Premature end of script headers"
>error.
>>
>> this is because the script headers prematurely ended before the
>content started
>> since \r\n was never seen ;-)
>>
>it works without any linefeeds.  newlines are sufficient in all my test
>cases, irregarldess of my choice of language.  all platforms are
>unix-based, and i've not touched Windows in quite some time, so i'm
>unsure of its behavior or requirements.
>
>if it's out of spec, it doesn't seem to matter.
>
>> > is there something i could have missed?  a possible
>misconfiguration?  or
>> > does ruby just hate me?
>>
>> doubtful ;-)
>>
>no, it turns out to be a major misconfiguration on my part.  there is
>something seriously wrong with one of my test environments.  it works
>on another server (one of my targets).
>
>> -a

template<typename duck>
void quack(duck& d) { d.quack(); }