From: "Glenn Parker" <glenn.parker / comcast.net>

> I used to read and appreciate almost every message.  Now I read less
> than half of them.  I suggest that posters ask themselves if their
> message is relevant to at least 5% or 10% of the group.

Sorry to contribute to the noise, but I don't understand this.
I have no idea if 5% or 10% of rubyists are having trouble
getting opengl to compile on OS X, for instance.  Maybe it's
only 0.1% or less... But I darned well expect to be able to
reply to the guy if I think I have some info that might help

As, indeed, I think such a poster should feel free to ask for
help here in the first place, regardless of whether 99.9% of
the group might not find the post relevant to their own
situation...

Have I misunderstood your idea?

Regards,

Bill