In message <612777546.20050523055333 / scriptolutions.com>, Lothar Scholz
<mailinglists / scriptolutions.com> writes
>Hello David,
>
>DC> P.S. what about a way to restart the "program under debug", without
>DC>restarting
>DC> the debugger?
>
>Sorry, what you mean with this.

I think he means restart the program, as from the beginning without
having to drop out of the debugger. You can do this with a single
buttonpress or mouse click when working with the Microsoft Visual Studio
debugger (thats my guess where the idea comes from).

Its very useful when you realise what you did wrong in the current
debugging session and want to start over again without explicitly
killing the current process and starting a new debugger (the restart
does all those things for you, except the debugger is the same debugger
process with the same breakpoints, watchpoints etc).

Imagine in getting in your car and going for a journey and then pressing
the restart button. You begin again from the parking lot just like you
did 10 minutes ago...

Stephen
--
Stephen Kellett