On Sat, 21 May 2005, Sam Roberts wrote:

> Whats wrong with threads? Its a good answer.

Well, there are at least two problems with threads:  I've never done them
before and I hope not to have to learn them just to do this relatively
simple piece, and second they do add another dimension of complexity, one
which I must always be at least somewhat aware.  Given that, as I
mentioned, I'm a newbie to threads, this does not fill me with confidence.

> Taking a guess, in case you are worried, they aren't real threads, its
> just a very nice wrapper around select().

Yah, I know that they aren't real threads, but I believe they still come
with some of the problems that I would have with real threads.

--
Levy's Law:
    The truth is always more interesting that your preconception of