Paul Leonard wrote:
> The api call is just taking the char buffer you're sending it,
dropping a null after the path to terminate it just like a normal
Windows application would expect. I would have thought that the
Win32API module would take care of this sort of thing for you, but that
doesn't seem to be the case.
> You could do the split, or the amusing but probably terrible:
>
> puts "Path is [#{path.unpack(A4*).join}]"
>
> Paul Leonard

I don't think it's Win32API per se, so much as just the way Ruby
handles strings.  I've picked up '\000' before in strings parsing /proc
on Linux, for example.  I'll just have to deal with it (or use C). :)

Thanks to everyone who replied.

Regards,

Dan