On Fri, 27 Apr 2001, Dave Thomas wrote:

> As for a logo or mascot, we'll I guess we'll know it when we see it,
> and judging by the reactions  we haven't seen it yet :)

When I first heard there was a programming language named Ruby I instantly
thought of the gemstone ... which was quickly followed by the hope that it
would be a gem of a language.

A simple logo to draw ... hmmm ... how about a deep read faceted gemstone.

Matching taglines:

	- a gem of a language

	- a new facet in programing language design/usage

	- a new corundrum to solve your program conundrum

A rudy is a red variety of a corundrum. A conundrum is a puzzle. There's
also an older usage of conundrum where the implication is that the puzzle
involves a pun ... which is rather apt.

Maybe we can come up with a benchmark for Ruby programs ... gemstones? Or
should that be ghemstones?

--
john R. Latala
jrlatala / golden.net