From: Mark Hubbart <discordantus / gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Ruby/TK on Mac OS X Tiger?
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 16:43:12 +0900
> I'll try it out. I suspect Apple used it when compiling, though, since
> they linked it against the framework.
>
> configure --prefix=/foo/local --enable-mac-tcltk-framework --enable-pthread
    (snip)
> Here's the extconf output from a successful configuration:
>
> mark@eMac% ruby extconf.rb
> checking for t_open() in -lnsl... no
> checking for socket() in -lsocket... no
> checking for dlopen() in -ldl... yes
> checking for log() in -lm... no
> checking for tcl.h... yes
> checking for tk.h... yes
> checking for XOpenDisplay() in -lX11... yes
> checking for Tcl_FindExecutable() in -ltcl... yes
> checking for Tk_Init() in -ltk... yes
> creating Makefile

Thank you for your report.
Possibly, at least one of the following tests returns fail.
is_macosx = (/darwin/ =~ RUBY_PLATFORM)

mac_need_framework =
  is_macosx &&
  enable_config("mac-tcltk-framework", false) &&
  FileTest.directory?("/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/") &&
  FileTest.directory?("/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/")
Could you tell me about which test does make "mac_need_framework"
value false?

# Or could you recommend better test for MacOS X Framework?