Hi,

This question has been brought to light after using Instiki on a FreeBsd
instance that is hosted within a FreeBsd Jail.  I was trying to use the
--binding flag with Instiki to ensure that I was only listening to
requests from localhost (and then provide password protected access via
Apache and mod_proxy).  Unfortunately this didn't work as I didn't have
access to the loopback interface.

The workaround at present is to set-up some firewall rules to block
incoming requests on the Instiki ports.

However, I spoke to my FreeBsd host and he suggested that if Instiki
could use Unix Domain Sockets rather than IP sockets then we could get
round this problem.

I asked on the Instiki Mailing List and Alexey has pointed me here.

I just wonder if anyone has any insight / thoughts about this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Chris