* pat allan <pat.allan / gmail.com> [2005-05-19 10:05:13 +0900]:

> Hi Jonathon
>
> I had seen that first link before, but forgot about it until now - but
> I've run it anyways (albeit after compiling ruby manually). It doesn't
> seem to have made a difference.
>
> Still no luck, same errors as previously described, so I guess the next
> step is to follow the link at the bottom of the comments of Lucas
> Carlson's post, and install MySQL from DarwinPorts.

That readline issue may be a problem with configure.
I have built readline and ruby on OS X and it works fine.
I just recently had to do the same on a Sun and ran
across the this problem: the readline extension did not
build with ruby make, and it should have. So, after
I did ./configure and make, I did:

  cd ext/readline
  ruby extconfig.rb
  make
  make install

Then backup up and finished installing ruby:

  cd ../..
  make install

--
Jim Freeze
Ruby: I can explain it to ya but I can't understand it fer ya.