sorry about inappropriate vocabulary. I imagined that, somewhere in the
instance, there is variable referencing what class it belongs to. In Python
it's a tuple hat can be replaced. I was asking if there is something similar
in Ruby. So I suppose the answer is no, and I'd better open up GoF again...

> >Say, that a instance at first is known as belonging to a fairly general
> >class, and when we gather more information, it turns out to belong more
> >precisely to a subclass.
> >
> ...sounds like applying the "strategy"-(or the "state"-) pattern (see
> GoF-book) might be appropriate here.

I'll look in to that pattern.

Thanks!

amike via Henning