Ezra Zygmuntowicz wrote:
> Yeah mail.app 2.0 on tiger gets rid of this problem nicely. It's MUCH
> snappier than mail on panther.

Sadly I cannot agree. I felt much more comfortable with Panther's
Mail.app. It handled bm IMAP mail spool with several folders with >3'000
(normally around 7'000) messages each just better.

The initial connect of Mail 2.0 to my IMAP server was a nightmare.
Especially because it thought that it has to download and index all of
it, without a real progress indicator (which is a real problem in this
case IMO -- just a bar without percent count is quite bad). I had to
backup some of the older messages into sub folders, otherwise the checks
for new mail took too long.

With many tiny folders (~ 1'000) however Mail seems to work nicely and
the Spotlight index over all messages is just amazing. (The real reason
why I use Mail.app, and the Address Book of course.)

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern