On Tue, May 17, 2005 at 01:50:30AM +0900, Glenn M. Lewis wrote:
> 	Could you please elaborate?  This sounds fascinating,
> but I don't quite grok it.  For example, when/how do you decide
> to place or destroy a wall?
>
> 	Do you have a pointer that goes into more detail?

I know I'm coming into this thread a bit late, but I just looked into
it. I wrote a little lesson on this kind of thing about a year or so ago
to help a co-developer understand something I was doing. (I'm making a
game that, while not a maze, does use the same wall-breaking concept and
using regions as such).

http://walker.deafcode.com/lessons/perfect_maze.txt

In the other solutions provided here, a wall is chosen by randomly
selecting cells until one is found with an unbroken wall. In my given
solution above, the walls themselves are listed, shuffled (perhaps even
a weighted shuffle) and then broken in order they are in the list,
unless the rooms on either side of the wall are in the same area.

Just some input of mine. Hope it helps.

- Greg Millam