Jamey Cribbs wrote:

> Oliver Cromm wrote:
>
>>So for a start, I plugged KirbyBase in just as a cache - where before, I
>>was reading header data from a news server each time, in the new version
>>I save the raw data to a KirbyBase, add only recent messages, then read
>>the part of the data I want (by date) from the KirbyBase.
>>
> This might be the source of the slowness.  Is this field that you are
> reading by date defined as a Date field in the KirbyBase table?  [...]
>
> Here is an alternative to try:  define this field in the table as a
> String field instead of a Date field.  Select's will still work pretty
> much the same way because, for example:
>
>     2005-05-25 > 2005-05-24

I left the Date field as a string in the format I originally receive
them, e.g. "Wed, 18 May 2005 10:29:44 +0900". Then, for each message, I
use ParseDate. This is overhead for sure, but the point is that it is
the same thing I do for the non-caching version (receive a specified
number of Dates and decide which are within my limits).

But I'll go ahead and try a version where I parse at read-in time and
store the result, which would be a number (or two numbers, as I'd want
to keep the time zone separate).
--
WinErr 008: Erroneous error. Nothing is wrong.