Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:

> If someone has better idea, let us know.
>
>                                                        matz.

Well, since I was complaining about it I decided to put up instead of
shut up and I've made a fairly simple change to the date/format.rb file
which seems to cope with my particular issue.  I was trying to find a
unit test for either ParseDate or Date in the source distribution so
that I could check whether it breaks any other cases.  I might be blind,
but I wasn't able to find a test which specifically test either of these
standard libraries.  Can anybody point me to a set of tests somewhere
which tests all the expected input types for Date._parse ?