On 18 May 2005, at 02:31, Mark Hubbart wrote:

> Hi --
>
> On 5/17/05, Philipp Kern <trash / philkern.de> wrote:
>
>> Mark Hubbart wrote:

>>> Yes! Imagine my surprise :)
>>>

>> And it looks really nice (apart from the window background colour,
>> but
>> I'm sure that one could fix this) as the OS X Tk uses native controls
>> where possible. I think I had the same surprised look on my eyes like
>> you, Mark. (=
>>

> Yeah :) I guess they used the TclTkAqua framework. It sure seems to be
> the same thing, anyway, and I don't think there was any other
> distribution that used native widgets. Also, the tcl/tk extension
> compiles right out of the box, so that's great for the project I'm
> working on. Now I just have to start learning to use it; I never
> bothered before.
>
> cheers,
> Mark

I tried this simple program from Pickaxe
require 'tk'
TkLabel.new { text 'Hello, World!'; pack }
Tk.mainloop

and got:

dyld: NSLinkModule() error
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.6.dylib
   Referenced from: /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/powerpc-darwin8.0/tcltklib.bundle
   Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap

so it looks like it relies on X11 being installed.  I did a standard
Tiger install with xcode but not x11.

Dave.