On Wed, May 18, 2005 at 12:41:30PM +0900, Gavin Kistner wrote:
> I am trying to automate a bunch of thumbnail creations, and thought
> I'd use RMagick/ImageMagick.
>
> I built ImageMagick from source, and used the gem to install RMagick,
> but when I write a simple program, I see this:
>
> [Sliver:~/Desktop/NO] gkistner$ cat makesmall.rb
> require 'RMagick'
> orig = Magick::ImageList.new("IMG_4340.jpg")
> puts orig.columns, orig.rows
>
> [Sliver:~/Desktop/NO] gkistner$ ruby makesmall.rb
> /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/RMagick.rb:1378:in `read': no
> decode delegate for this image format `IMG_4340.jpg':
> (Magick::ImageMagickError)

the last time i built graphicsmagick for os x, i had to build my own
copy of libjpeg and link it in to GM so that the RMagick build could
find the library.  you should try that...

doug

--
"Contrary to what most people say, the most dangerous animal in the
world is not the lion or the tiger or even the elephant.  It's a shark