On 17 May 2005, at 16:40, tsuraan wrote:

> Sorry about the OT, but this is the only high-volume list I'm on
> that has lots of OSX users.  Anyhow, does anyone else here have
> troubles with Mail.app as the number of messages in one folder gets
> up around 10,000?  I like to keep personal archives of my lists,
> but I've been noticing that Mail is getting almost unusable.  Even
> when typing this message, it feels a bit laggy.  Also, assuming
> that anyone has noticed this problem, does it go away with Mail 2.0
> (with OSX 10.4)?  I'd upgrade if I knew it would make the mail
> client a bit more responsive under high loads.  Thanks!

I have no speed problems, but I do get mail duplication when using
Mail.app's filtering.  I think this only happens around suspend/
resume, but I'm not sure.  I think Mail.app isn't doing a good job of
bookkeeping somewhere (10.4.1, still).

Sometimes, marking a message or thread of messages unread/read takes
a half second longer than it should.

FEC2 57F1 D465 EB15 5D6E  7C11 332A 551C 796C 9F04