Sorry about the OT, but this is the only high-volume list I'm on that
has lots of OSX users.  Anyhow, does anyone else here have troubles
with Mail.app as the number of messages in one folder gets up around
10,000?  I like to keep personal archives of my lists, but I've been
noticing that Mail is getting almost unusable.  Even when typing this
message, it feels a bit laggy.  Also, assuming that anyone has noticed
this problem, does it go away with Mail 2.0 (with OSX 10.4)?  I'd
upgrade if I knew it would make the mail client a bit more responsive
under high loads.  Thanks!

--jay